The Aln Valley Railway (AVR) will feature in the second episode of documentary series 'Coastal Railways' starring Julie Walters which airs on Sunday from 8pm.
Julie and the film crew visited the AVR back in May to discuss the railway's ambitious development project for the restoration and operation of the line between Alnmouth and Alnwick, providing an additional tourist attraction for the area and to enlarge the district's tourism offering.
The filming team spent some time with founding member of the development project Stuart Manley as well as taking a steam train ride down the line before Julie helped out with some of the volunteers doing some ballasting.
The four-part series which started last week, sees Julie Walters ride through the many coastal railways of Britain, from Scotland to Cornwall.
Latest from Unseen Steam :
- Anonymous supporter comes to the rescue of North Norfolk Railway loco
- North Yorkshire Moors Railway unveils future development plans
- Transport secretary announces plans to reverse Beeching cuts
- Bluebell Railway engine restoration progress
- Substitute! - Jubilee no 45699 "Galatea" (18/11/17)
- No. 70013 "Oliver Cromwell" on the Welsh Borders (25/11/17)
- The Missing Link - Great Central Railway (18/19th November 2017)
- Tyseley's Panniers go to Bridgnorth - 11th November 2017