The Bahamas Locomotive Society have announced the unfortunate news that No. 45596 Bahamas' eagerly anticipated return to the mainline has been delayed.
The return of 45596 Bahamas to the Keighley & Worth Valley Railway, from Tyseley has been affected by an unexpected delay in completing the installation and commissioning of the TPWS/OTMR equipment by the contractor engaged by Tyseley to do the work. The work has since completed,b delay has meant that there has been a ‘knock on’ effect to the submission and processing of the documentation needed to allow the engine to be included in the Network Rail Rolling Stock Library. The proposed testing programme has been affected as a direct result.
The West Coast Railway Company’s existing commitments around the Christmas period testing has had to be deferred until early January and hence Bahamas will not return to Ingrow until at least 15 January 2019, with test runs scheduled for January prior to this (All dates and times still subject to confirmation. Dates and times will be shared once confirmed). At the moment the plan is for it to return in steam hauling the BLS Support Coach via Burton, Chesterfield, and Leeds.
As the engine is booked to haul its first train on Saturday 9 February when it returns to the railway 45596 will not immediately return to the Engine Shed at Ingrow but will instead go to Haworth to prepare it for its first trip on 9 February; a possible repeat trip shortly after is currently being considered.
No. 45596 Bahamas will eventually return to Ingrow for display, some time after its operating requirement commitments and the KWVR March Gala.
Latest from Unseen Steam
- Railway plays part in special Armistice Centenary celebration
- Update on the project to build Gresley class P2 No. 2007
- First mainline railtour for No. 45596 'Bahamas' announced
- 'Oliver Cromwell' making last gala appearance this weekend
- Caledonian Reunion - Bo'ness & Kinneil Railway (November 2018)
- The Return - No. 70000 'Britannia' at Bewdley (SVR)
- "It's Your Turn!" - S&D Class 7F No. 53808 on the turntable (WSR)
- The Little Engines - Lynton & Barnstaple Gala ( Sep/Oct 2018 )