The Keighley and Worth Valley Railway have announced that ‘Jubilee Class’ locomotive 45596 ‘Bahamas’ will be returning to the mainline next year when it will run from Oxenhope over the Settle & Carlisle Railway to Carlisle and return.
Following a heavy overhaul and re-painted in its Brunswick Green livery, the LMS Stanier 'Jubilee Class' 4-6-0 will be returning to the Worth Valley and, for the first time in 25 years, will run on the mainline with seats available for the general public.
The railtour is being promoted by Keighley & Worth Valley Railway in partnership with Bahamas Locomotive Society, 'Bahamas' will run from Oxenhope to Carlisle and return on Saturday 9th February 2019.
The event will be the first time that 45596 has run a revenue earning service on the mainline since 1994. Tickets will be available to purchase on Friday 16th November.
For more details visit the Keighley & Worth Valley Railway website.
Latest from Unseen Steam
- 'Oliver Cromwell' making last gala appearance this weekend
- Tornado to haul 'The White Rose' to Yorkshire in 2019
- 100mph Tornado to run first Santa Steam Specials on the Nene Valley Railway
- 60th Anniversary of the Last Trains from Totnes to Ashburton
- The Return - No. 70000 'Britannia' at Bewdley (SVR)
- "It's Your Turn!" - S&D Class 7F No. 53808 on the turntable (WSR)
- The Little Engines - Lynton & Barnstaple Gala ( Sep/Oct 2018 )
- 9F freight - Mid-Hants Autumn Gala ( 21st October 2018)