The 12-month campaign at the Severn Valley Railway (SVR) which hopes to fund transformative works at Bridgnorth Station, will come to an end today with £200,000 still needed to hit its target.
Proceeds from the share offer will support ambitious plans to deliver much-improved visitor facilities whilst at the same time conserving and enhancing the line's main destination station. A last ditch plea has been made to try and gather the remaining funds before the end of the day (31st October).
The offer has now raised over £2,328,000 with applications pouring in at their fastest rate since the campaign began. This late surge also included a share sale of £38,000 on Sunday.
Bridgnorth station is considered to be the birthplace of the SVR with a rich history dating back to 1862. The infrastructure and facilities are in need of conservation and enhancement to cope with the volume of passengers visiting the railway. As well as the station restoration, the project will include a new 1900-style toilet building, changes to the pub, the relocation of a shop and the installation of a turntable in a locomotive yard.
SVR have said that postal applications are still coming in fast, but as there is no longer time to send out application packs in the post, those still interested in joining the scheme will have to download the application form and apply in person today between 9am and 4.30pm at the SVR Head Office in Comberton Place, Kidderminster.
More information, including application forms documents can be found on the Severn Valley Railway website.
Latest from Unseen Steam :
- Yorkshire's Magnificient Journey appeal at NYMR
- Campaigners fight for lost rail lines axed by Beeching
- Isle of Wight Steam Railway welcomes back iconic Ivatt loco
- T3 engine takes step towards possible full restoration
- Royal Worcester Scot - No. 46100 (28th October 2017)
- Great Western Double Header - Churnet Valley 25th Anniversary
- 'The Best Pub in the World?' - Churnet Valley 25th Anniversary
- Swanage Woes - Standard class 4 No. 80146 at Corfe Cast