Flying Scotsman will be leading the action during the coming February half-term holiday at the National Railway Museum in York.
Steam rides and footplate experiences will be the highlight of the week, which will run from February 18 - 26 where museum visitors will be able to either ride behind the iconic Flying Scotsman locomotive, or for the most dedicated fans, a chance to ride along in the cab with the driver.
This will be a warmup for the Scotsman after its short winter hiatus, before it starts the 2017 season on the mainline up and down the country. 60103 will be visiting the Keighley & Worth Valley Railway for her first stop, before leaving Oxenhope station to travel towards the Settle to Carlisle line and beyond.
Tickets for the mainline tours are selling quickly for the upcoming months, and availability for the Scotsman experiences at NRM York are limited so be sure to book soon if you don't want to miss out!
For more information on Flying Scotsman experiences, visit the NRM York website here.
Latest from Unseen Steam :
- Churnet Valley Railway to host its popular annual Winter Steam Gala next month
- 60163 'Tornado' to run mainline service as part of re-opening of Settle - Carlisle line
- Flying Scotsman to star at reopening of Settle-Carlisle line
- 'Strictly Bulleid' Spring Steam Gala announced at Swanage
- 2016 Review - part 4 : Swanage steam to the River Frome
- 2016 Review - part 3 : Somerset & Dorset Commemorations
- 2016 Review - Part 2 : The Flying Scotsman Fan Club
- 2016 Review - part 1 : The Return of Flying Scotsman