Severn Valley Railway's 2017 spring gala lineup is now complete with the latest addition of a BR Brunswick green ‘9F’ locomotive.
Loughborough-based ‘9F’ No. 92214 is the third and final visitor announced for the gala which takes place on March 17-19, and features two other guest engines.
No. 92214 will be running alongside Ivatt ‘2MT’ 2-6-2T No. 41312, which is visiting courtesy of the Mid-Hants Railway, and will be its first visit to Severn Valley in over 16 years.
The remaining guest loco comes in the shape of ‘Battle of Britain’ No. 34081 92 Squadron which will be running alongside rebuilt classmate and SVR resident, ‘West Country’ No. 34027 Taw Valley. 34081 will be visiting courtesy of The Battle of Britain Locomotive Society & Nene Valley Railway.
Also in attendance will be other members from the Severn Valley fleet: ‘14XX’ No. 1450, ‘15XX’ No. 1501, ‘28XX’ No. 2857, recently overhauled ‘57XX’ No. 7714, ‘Manors’ Nos. 7802 Bradley Manor and 7812 Erlestoke Manor, Ivatt ‘Flying Pig’ No. 43106 and of course No. 34053 Sir Keith Park.
For more information visit the Severn Valley Railway website.
Latest from Unseen Steam :
- Severn Valley Railway Diesel Depot earns coveted award
- Flying Scotsman experience at National Railway Museum
- Churnet Valley Railway to host its popular annual Winter Steam Gala next month
- 60163 'Tornado' to run mainline service as part of re-opening of Settle - Carlisle line
- 2016 Review - part 5 : Irish International Tour
- 2016 Review - part 4 : Swanage steam to the River Frome
- 2016 Review - part 3 : Somerset & Dorset Commemorations
- 2016 Review - Part 2 : The Flying Scotsman Fan Club